Thursday, April 19, 2007

Busy Time

Okay as my mom pointed out I haven't updated this in awhile. :-) I can't even remember everything that happened last week other then getting ready for my McCall scrapbooking trip and work. I know that it seemed like I didn't have alot of time last week but who knows what it was all about. :-)

This last weekend S went on a scrapbooking retreat with a bunch of other ladies. It was fun. I got a little over half way done with M's air force album. I wish I would have gotten further but oh well...at least it is part way done. I stayed up until 2am each night and got up at 8am. I was exhausted by the time I got home on Sunday. Luckily I got home in time for lunch and then nap on Sunday. :-) Came home to E sick with a worse cough. Plus M had bought the kids (mainly N) a new computer game that he loves. It's star wars legos (everything is made out of legos). He loves it...wants to play it all the time. :-) It's a good motivator for good behavior and listening.

This week we joining the YMCA near us. We love it so far!!! We took the kids up Tuesday night to go swimming. They have a little kiddie pool that only goes up to 1.5 feet. It has two small slides and a couple other "toys" in there. Plus there is a lifeguard on duty all the time. Then there is a huge water slide in another pool that goes into a 3.5 feet water. But they allow any child to go on as long as they have a parent with them. E loved it!!! She wanted to keep going down it with us. She would laugh and scream all the way down. :-) N didn't want to do it until the very end and then he loved it. N had fun in the kiddie pool and the little slides there. He found a friend to play with (just some boy that had the same shorts as him). Matt saw that the diving board was open so he went over and did some diving and had fun. We plan on going swimming at least once a week with the kids. Plus during the summer there will be swimming lessons and they will be at the same time and in the morning so we don't have to take the night time away from things.

My sister and I are going to do a fitness goal together too. Haven't worked it all out but plan on something like 3x a week for 45 minutes. Not sure what the reward will be yet if we beat each other. :-) So M and I talked last night and our plan is going on Mondays and Fridays to work out. Then Friday nights after we work out we can all going swimming. Then I will go during the week during the day. We are paying for the childcare part of the membership (it was so cheap) so that we can do this. The play area is cool too. Oh and there is a rock wall that at certain times kids can go on it with parents. My bet is that E will do it before N. :-)

So now this weekend we will be hanging out around here. Finally getting N to his first soccer "practice" and S working Saturday night. So should be laid back and hopefully the sun will come back out. :-) I am a little tired of the cold, wind and rain.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: