Friday, April 27, 2007

Mommy's New Toy

Well I finally decided what I was going to do about two weeks ago after going to the McCall weekend crop. I wanted a system that I could do alot more with and not cost as much in the longer run. I looked at two different systems. One you had to buy cartridges for. The other you did not but you might have to buy a few things (shapes and such) online but not if you could find something to scan and play with. So I decided that later. Well so I started searching to see how much I could get for all the "cutting" stuff I already had by Quickutz and Sizzix if I sold them on ebay. Figured out I could do it. So I listed everything on ebay and to some friends. I sold them all for prices that worked for me. I had enough!!! So called the local store and sure enough they had one in. So went and bought it the day M left town for his guys weekend away (Thurs-Sunday). All I could think of was now I had it!!! But I knew I probably wouldn't get to set it up right away. Sure enough I just got it set up and did the first test run about 20 minutes ago. So far I love it!!! I can cut anything from 1/4" to 8". Plus I can use any true fonts that are already on the computer...so no more buying new fonts or worrying about not having the right font. From now on I pretty much do not have to buy any more lettering or shapes from the store. I can make them myself!!! There is still much to figure out and have fun with but so far I love it!!! It is called the Silhouette by Quickutz. It's pretty much a printer that cuts. (Digital Craft Cutter). Now I just want to find or make a cover for it. :-)


So M is gone for the weekend. He left for work Thursday morning and then all of the guys meet at 2:30 and left town from there. He will be back on Sunday. They all take their computers up to a place called The Depot (sp?) in Cascade, ID (near McCall). Then they all play hooked up together certain games. The all choose a meal to cook and bring the food. That way only one of them at a time is cooking/making the food. They have a great time and it's good for M to get away like that!

The kids and I have been doing fine. It has gotten quite warm here so we have been outside alot. I finally worked on the flower bed near the walkway and have it all nice and neat and like I want it now! I am so glad...it has been bugging me like crazy. Then tomorrow we are going to work in the backyard. I was going to put out the bird bath and stuff since the kids are old enough now but I think it might be in the attic since I can't find it in the garage. So that means i need to wait for M to get home for that. :-( But I can atleast get my pots done and clean up the winter stuff in the flower beds. We might have to run to the flower shop but that won't be bad. :-) Plus I might get out the pool and blow it up and put some water in since it will be in the 80's here.

We won't be going to soccer tomorrow though. I figure we need a weekend here at home w/o doing a ton of stuff. N seems to be doing ok with his ear but who knows b/c the last time we thought it was gone all the way. We won't know for absolute until Friday. But E's pink eye is back some. (so more eye drops...which is not fun with her!). Then today she started crying and saying her ear hurt when we went up a small hill in the car here in town. Well look back and sure enough she has some drainage. It was wierd b/c she had never cried like that before with ear infections (drainage out of the tubes). So called the ear doctor and left a message for the nurse to call me back. She called me back and we talked about it. What worried her some was that the last time they looked the tubes were about half way out (which was about 3-4 months ago). So she isn't sure what is going on. She wonders if the ear drum might have ruptured. So she told me to start the ear drops in both ears. Then we go in on the 7th to see the ear doctor (the earliest appt we could get...which was good). If it is still bugging her big time on Monday will take her to the pediatrician and make sure there isn't anything else to do before the 7th. She has been whine and stuff but was just associating that with her age. :-) But now wonder. The nurse was surprised that she had an infection since she is on amoxicilian (last day) for the sinus infection. I told her well when she was a baby it never worked when she had an ear infection. So now I guess it is a wait for a week and see what will happen. Tomorrow night I plan to clean this house like a crazy and keep windows open for fresh air alot lately and hopefully all this yucky stuff will go away!!! :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

Have you read my blog? We are kind of living parallel worlds with the ears. I can't believe it. So fun isn't it!