Friday, February 15, 2008

Update in our World

Well I realized it's been awhile since updating. I now have a little bit of time. E and N have a couple friends over right now and they are going to play until 4:30 and then meet their mom and we'll do a couple of errands and then head to the airport to pick up Aunt L! They are excited about that and so am I!

M left yesterday early evening for the Walk to Emmaus weekend. He has never experienced anything like it so he was excited and nervous all at the same time. Which I can totally understand. I remember when I went to Chyrsalis when I was a teenager. I now can't wait for Sunday afternoon. I will be there at the "reception" for all of the men. I was talking to my sister about it. It's not hard when M is gone but what is hard this weekend is that I don't even get to talk to him. Usually we atleast talk at night before I go to bed but don't even get that. So I am always sending him little thoughts during the day/night this weekend.

Last night was fun being a "single" mom for the weekend. E has been coughing and it's gotten worse the last 48 hours. So called yesterday to the dr office and got an appt for Friday at 9am. Well last night I moved E to my bed when she started coughing again. Then she was coughing so bad she was like choking (sounded like it) when she was coughing. So I thought okay this is not good and off we go...after trying to wake up N. Let me tell you once that boy is asleep it is SOOOO hard to wake him back up unless it's early morning! We get down there and I kid you not we were there maybe a total of 40 minutes. The dr pretty much tells me that he doesn't hear any wheezing and since she is not running a fever (which she rarely does anyways...the dr thought I was nuts about that) that she just has a viral thing. I kept asking him okay are you sure b/c she sure acts like she can't breath very well or choking when she is coughing. Oh yea that's normal. So we get home and I get the kids back into bed (E in mine and N on the floor) at about midnight. E slept okay atleast but she did wake a few times coughing so hard that she was crying b/c something hurt but she couldn't tell me what. So we went to the dr appt this morning. I tell the pedia all of what has happened and she starts listening very carefully plus asking me questions. She knows my kids really well. She decided that E doesn't have croup (which I knew b/c not much of a barky cough) and that she does have a upper respitory thing. So one dosage of steriod and albuetrol machine (which we have at home) every 4 hours. E has been much better this afternoon! I did all of that and gave her some runny nose meds and it has helped! Now to hope it helps tonight too! I just have to say that I am so glad we have such good doctors here! My kids love the pedia and you can tell that she really cares about them (and us as parents)!

So this weekend will be busy with Aunt L here and I have to work tomorrow night. Then before we know it it will be 2:30 on Sunday I will get to see M soon and participate in the reception. Then home for the kids to see him. They are both having a hard time too with not being able to talk to him. N is now counting down the days/nights. :-)

Oh and we got a Wii!!! Thanks to "ins" with someone we found out when a certain place got them in and were there w/in 15 minutes. Now to find a couple more things around town hopefully. Plus hoping that I can figure out how to set it up w/o M so we can play some this weekend. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend! The sun is shining here!

1 comment:

Kim Ross said...

Sweet! I bet you and the family will really enjoy the Wii! We sure do! Please LMK if you want to try out any of our games or need any info.

Good to see you today, S... even if only very briefly. :)