Friday, March 09, 2007

Kindergarten Registration



Well Thursday after school was Kindergarten registration for N. He was so excited. It was nice and easy since I didn't have to fill out any paperwork since he was already in the system for preschool. It was also nice b/c we were the first ones there with his friend from preschool. By the time we left there were lines for each station. You went to the first station and that was the paperwork and got a t-shirt. Also, got a calendar for next school year. Then onto the library station where he got his name tag. He wrote his name on the other side but it was too small to read. :-) He also got a to pick a book to take home. He chose a Dinosaur book. Then the next station was getting his picture taken. Of course he had to have his cheesy grin. :-) Then on to the numbers station. He knew all his numbers from 0-9 like they had laid out randomly. Next was a bunch of pictures. He had to name them and then they asked questions like which two rhymed (out of 3) and which didn't belong (beginning sound and a rhyming one). He did really well except for he didn't understand the question which didn't belong. :-) He knew which two went together. Next station was the alphabet. Had to match and then tell what a letter was that was held up randomly. He knew it all...even the Q! Then the next station we got to skip b/c we had already done paperwork, but I did tell the secretary that he could ride the bus next year...he has been bugging me about that. :-) Next was into the classroom and meeting the teacher. I had not meet her but Nathan knew her b/c she has subbed in the preschool classroom. So now he is all set. I was glad to hear that this teacher doesn't like worksheets so she does not do very many of them. It's alot of hands on. Which will be very good for N. It's funny how I wanted him to have morning kindergarten and that is exactly what he gets b/c at Pierce Park there are not enough kids to do two different classes. So it will be nice to have him back in morning...he is so much better in the morning I think. He is just a morning person. :-)

Ohhh and on another note! N can now buckle himself in!!! I knew he could do but he refused...I had tried a bunch of different tactics. Finally yesterday I told him he could get a new matchbox car if he would start doing it. Plus the rule was that he had to do it all the time now...no more mommy/daddy buckling him in. He has done great at it! I am glad...it now saves me some time of having to go buckle him in after buckling E in too. Now to get potty training done. :-)

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

sara :) said...

We had kindergarten registration last week too. I even brought my camera but I was in such a hurry to get to the dentist that I didn't take any! :) Does N wear his new kindergarten shirt all the time? Sidney has worn it to school about 3 times so far. Love the pictures-so cute! :)