Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First Full Day & E

Well yesterday we had the meeting with the speech therapist that tested E the week before (same one from when N had speech). She is in the mild/moderate range...which means she below the norm median. Now to be automatically put in the preschool program she has to test really low and have more then one area...like with N it was speech and social skills. Well the only way to try to get her in is to do the preschool screening which she can not do until she is 3...so on Oct 5 I have an appt set up for her to go thru the screening. They will do a hearing screening too...which is what I wanted too and was going to do thru her ear dr but now that they will do it there I will wait and see what they say. Now if she tests low in a couple of things it looks like she could get into the preschool program. It would be at the same school as N and at the same time...so they both would be gone Tues-Friday (preschool is not on Mondays). So now it is a wait and see. I did have her service lady put her on the waiting list for speech therapy but that could be a very long wait.

N started his first full (half) day at school today. I didn't realized that I would just drop him off at the playground and then when the bell range they would go line up with his teacher and go inside. So pretty much I won't even see his classroom much. B/c after school we have to wait outside for the class to come out...less distractions. It's just weird to go from where I was in the classroom and knew the teacher really well at preschool to just dropping him off and picking him up. I'm having a hard time with it but N seems fine with it. He loves school. I am thinking about having him come home on the school bus. He is most nervous about having big kids on the bus but on the way home it would only be preschoolers and kindergartens. Plus that would be one less trip to the school...but we will see what he wants to do when we get home. I can't even imagine him getting off the bus in the morning and going straight to the playground...b/c that is what he would have to do...with no real supervision. So we shall see what happens.

And here is a new "word" from E that started yesterday....Wowie Zoeie. :-)

1 comment:

sara :) said...

I've watched the bus drop off the little kids and the bus drivers make sure they get off and pointed in the right direction. I know the drivers of the preschool busses would sit and wait with the kids if the teachers weren't there to greet them yet.

That would be great if E could get in the program, too. What would you do with all that spare time? :) I hope the screenings go well.