Saturday, January 13, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well today is my birthday and so far it has gone very well. The kids did get up at 5am which was not cool since I was not home from work until 12:45am and Matt didn't go to bed until 11:45pm. :-) The kids and M gave me a couple of movies and 4 dipping bowls to go with my fiestaware. Then we headed out to look at couches. We weren't totally sold on the light brown one we saw the other night. So went to Ennis (way too fancy for us) and then onto Ashley Furniture. We found a couple that we liked. Narrowed it down to one. Went back and looked at the other one just in case. Came back and got the one at Ashley plus a coffee/end table set that matches our entertainment center and the coffee table has the lift top! The couch, love seat, and Chair w/ottoman are a dark green. They will be a tight fit in our living room but it will work and we would rather have the set for a bigger house then worry about trying to match later and such. We have two weeks before it will be in town for delivery (comes up from CA). So have two weeks to get rid of the other stuff and do some rearranging of other things. The kids are in for a rude awakening with new rules and such. :-) But they will learn. The name of the couch set is Durapella - Olive (microfiber) and the name of the Coffee table set is Mendam. Both M and I are nervous about having new furniture but it needed to be done b/c our old couch just won't hold up anymore. ..can't patch it anymore. :-)

Then it was home and time to relax some. M went and took a nap. The kids had fallen asleep in the car so no such luck there. Plus I needed to pack my stuff for tonight's crop. I am excited to be able to go and have time to scrap my own stuff instead of helping others. We are going to go as a family out for ice cream before I go scrapping so that will be nice.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Love to all!

No comments: