Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Excitement...


Well the last couple of days have been fun to say the least. :-) Monday early evening the kids and I were outside in front. I was trimming a tree and the kids were playing. M got home so started to clean up. Went to get the broom and found water sitting underneath the water heater. Looked and sure enough a leak at the bottom of it. So figured out how to turn off the gas...then didn't know what to do. M finally came out and I tried calling my dad. No answer. :-( So called the heating and cooling guy that has worked on our heater before. He told us how to turn off the water and gave us a quote. Then we hooked up a house and started draining. Cleaned up the extra water and stuck towels down to catch the water still dripping. So now only COLD water. Started dinner and started calling for quotes. Figured out that lowe's and home depot were the cheapest by about $50-75. Well Home depot never called back. Lowe's figured out everyone was gone from that dept (6:30pm) and that they would be back at 6am. So we decided to wait until morning to see if Lowe's could come out and do it. Finally someone came into Lowe's at 7am in the morning and was told someone would call me back. By this time I was not happy. Talked to M and we decided to just go with the heating and cooling guy we have dealt with before. So called him. He could come out that afternoon. (Just so you know it took Lowe's until 11:30am to have someone call me back.) The guy came out and fixed it all by 4:30pm. Yea!!! Guess we were lucky in the fact that we got 16 yrs out of the old one and that the leak was too bad. This time we had him install a drip pan to the bottom just in case it does decide to leak it will leak out onto the garage floor instead of the wood partical board that the heater and water heater are on.

Well it is wonderful to have a new water heater. This one we don't have to turn up past the "normal" notch b/c it is hot enough for me and my baths!

Okay time to go take N to one school (not the normal Weds school) to get classroom pictures taken and then take him to his "normal" school for Weds. Then home to hopefully clean up some.

Oh and hopefully tomorrow I will have new pictures of the quilt my mom made for us! Love it! I picked out the material at Thanksgiving and it is done already! Thanks mom!!!

No comments: