Thursday, February 01, 2007

New Job & Bad Cough

Well it was good and bad night last night. Training went great last night. We got to learn about products we are going to have for preservation and I am excited about this. Have always wondered about different stuff but never really saw anything around here for it. At least simple things. I was a little embarrassed a few times when I have some coughing fits. I am excited about tonight to see what else we are going to learn. Then we found out that we actually get to meet a CEO and a VP (marketing I think) on the 22nd. I so far everyone is great that I have met. It is a wide range of people going to be working. Older people then me all the way to 17 yr olds.

Well yesterday I never got my antibiotics from the pharmacy. (Not sure that it would have helped me last night.) Anyways, Dr called me at 9:40a and said he would have it called in right away. So I thought ok I will pick it up on the way to taking N to school. Well got to the pharmacy at 11:50 and no perscription for me. So get cell phone out and notice there was a message left about 15 min before. It's the dr office saying they can't find a Walgreens on State & Glenwood. So try calling them back with the number to call. Office is now closed until 1:30p for lunch break. Great! Call them back at 1:40p and leave the number to call. Call pharmacy at 3:00p and nothing. Call dr office and ask that it please be called in before I have to be at work tonight at 5p. Says okay. Call pharmacy at 4:20p and it just got called in and will take 30-45 min b/c they are swamped. So get kids partly ready to go and wait. Then have enough time to go get it and meet M up at the training site to switch cars (he had a meeting until 5p). Kids decide they aren't going to listen and go hide under the bed. So takes me 10-15 min to get them out (in big trouble!). So now no time to sit in the pharmacy drive thru (2 cars in it already). So not a happy camper.

Anyways, I was fine at the beginning of the meeting but about half way thru got a coughing fit (not too bad) and I just slowly drank my water and it helped some. Anyways, by the time I got in the car and headed home at 10:10p it was getting worse. Couldn't get the coughing to stop. :-( Long story short tried a ton of things at home to get it to stop. Then by 11:45p my chest hurt (like someone sitting on it) and I wasn't wheezing but just felt like I couldn't get a full breath. So woke up M and kids and headed to the ER. Luckily with asthma they don't make you wait long. Come to find out no asthma...thank goodness. But the coughing so hard and so long is what was making my chest hurt (glad it wasn't something else). Dr said it was most likely a virus (wrote bronchitis on the discharge sheet) and told me to go fill the antibiotic and to he gave me a cough medicine with pain meds in it. M was so good about it all! He went thru the drive thru and dropped off the prescription brought the kids and I home and helped get them into bed and then went back to get the meds. They helped me last night...took a little while. But I got some sleep so that felt nice. This morning my throat is so rough and my voice is not the greatest. :-) So hopefully staying home today (other then taking N to school) and maybe getting a nap (if E will take one) I should be better by tonight.

1 comment:

Keri said...

You are having a rough time! I am so sorry. I hope you all get better soon. Bo has double ear infections, but is starting to know have breathing trouble. Only to find out 3 kids that we had spent last Sat/Sun and Tues with have RSV. So, I think we are going to the Dr. Thank goodness for insurane!